ATTENDANCE AT JUNOR DOMESTIC GAMES – SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Basketball was able to recommence across the state of Victoria from Wednesday 17 February at 11.59pm at a COVID-Safe level according to the Basketball Victoria Return to Sport Guidelines (Version 10 / 17 February).
VENUE DENSITY LIMITS APPLY
Venue density limits apply, patrons need to maintain social distancing where possible and continue to follow hygiene practices, e.g., signage must state the number of people permitted inside, wipes and disinfectant must be supplied for use by patrons, record keeping is required and venues with capacity of greater than 500 patrons must publish a COVIDSafe Plan online.
As of 11.59pm on 3 February 2021, face masks are mandatory statewide in indoor public spaces.
- Approved face coverings must be worn by all patrons over the age of 12 years, while indoors, unless medically exempt.
- Masks are not required while on court during games for players and referees participating in an exertive role, however, must be worn while not playing.
- Coaches or other people in non-exertive roles must always wear a face mask unless a lawful exemption applies.
- Face masks must be worn in indoor public spaces apart from when eating or drinking. You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to.
Any players over 12 years old must wear their mask as they enter the venue, while they wait for their game, when the game is finished, and as they exit the building. This applies to games and training, at all venues.
Venue supervisors will be enforcing this government mandated ruling. All players, coaches, officials and spectators must comply to ensure the health and well-being of our Basketball community.
OTHER ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Entry to venue will be maximum of 2 adult spectators plus siblings of players. No extended family or friends.
- QR code is to be scanned by all spectators. Record of players will be via the scoring system.
- Two (2) basketballs per team are allowed into the venue. It is recommended that the coach supply these and players do not bring their own. If the team’s ball is used as the game ball, the referee will sanitise with wipes before the game.
- Hands must be sanitised on entry by everyone.
- All score benches and laptops will be sanitised between games.
- Patrons need to maintain social distancing where possible.
- KBA COVID Safe Plan, as required by DHHS, is available on their KBA website at this link: HERE