TRAINING TO RETURN FROM MONDAY 2 AUGUST 2021 SUBJECT TO SCHOOL CONFIRMATION
We are pleased to advise that due to the changes announced by the Victoria State Government and the subsequent changes made by Basketball Victoria’s Return to Sport Guidelines (BV_RTS_guidelines_V18_27July_2021-1.pdf (basketballvictoria.com.au)) we are hopeful that our teams can return to training from the start of next week. Our return is subject to confirmation from each of our venues.
There will be no training this week (no training tonight or tomorrow night).
BIO SAFETY OFFICER (BSO)
- Each team must have a designated Bio Safety Officer (BSO) who is volunteer compliant and confirmed by the club to train.
- The BSO must be in attendance for the duration of training. If there is no BSO in attendance, the team cannot train or enter the venue!
- The BSO will require members with a mobile to use the QR code to check in and must continue to provide our training coordinator with a list of all who have attended training.
- The BSO will ensure guidelines are followed, record attendance and report to the Club.
ATTENDANCE AT TRAINING
- ONLY registered players, coaches, and bio-safety officers will be allowed to enter the stadium on training day.
- Do not attend training if you are unwell or if you have a fever, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath or sore throat. Stay home if unwell.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your training session is scheduled to commence.
- Exit the venue immediately when your training session ends.
- Where possible, use the separate ENTRY and EXIT doors (this applies at SCPS).
- If you arrive early, wait in your car until you can enter. Do not wait at the entrance of the venue.
- Do not enter the venue until the prior teams have vacated.
- All personal items are to be labelled e.g., basketball ball, drink bottle and sweat towel.
- All players must bring their own basketball to training.
- If the BSO or coach thinks a player is unwell, they will be isolated, and parent called to pick them up immediately.
- Only players who are registered with the club on PlayHQ may attend training.
- All attending training should carry a face mask when leaving home unless they have a lawful reason. We strongly recommend members wear a mask whenever they cannot keep 1.5 meters distance from others, including when inside our training venues.
- Parents are not to enter the school grounds (including school car parks) for any reason. Exception provided for Strathmore Secondary College car park.
ON ARRIVAL AT TRAINING
- Team members are not to enter until both the coach and BSO are present.
- The BSO must walk members into the stadium to ensure compliance to COVID requirements e.g., QR Code, attendance recorded, sanitization
- For those with a mobile, use the QR code to check in. The BSO must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the attendance for their team on the night of training.
- Report to the BSO so they can record your arrival. We require manual lists to be maintained in addition to the QR code.
- Do not bounce the ball until you have sanitised it.
- The BSO will have sanitiser for your hands and your ball and will supervise the sanitizing of hands and basketballs. All attendees must sanitise their hands upon arrival and departure.
- All members attending training must use hand sanitiser and sanitise their basketballs. Basketballs are not to be bounced until they have been sanitised.
- If the coach or BSO are running late, then the team will need to wait until they both arrive before entering the venue. If there is no BSO in attendance, the team cannot train!
THE CLUB’S COVID SAFE PLAN
All members but especially coaches, team managers and BSO’s, need to be familiar with:
- the club’s Community Sport and Recreation COVIDSafe Plan COVIDSafe Plan (stchristophersjbc.com.au)
TRAINING AT ST CHRISTOPHER’S PRIMARY SCHOOL
- No parents are allowed on school premises this includes the car park.
- The car park is not available for use by our club at present.
- Members are not to go through the driveway gate if cars are coming out. Tuesday night is meeting night so there will be more school staff cars exiting, the coach or BSO need to make sure players do not go through the driveway gate when cars are exiting.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
If teams do not follow the rules and regulations for training, this may result in that team being banned from training. In the worst case, it could possibly result in our club and all teams being banned from their venue.
We want our members to be able to enjoy playing and training with their teams. We need the support of all members o ensure that our actions do not risk our access to our training venues.
WHAT IF YOU OR YOUR FAMILY TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
Once you have followed the advice of the governments COVID-19 hotline 1800 020 080 and your GP, it is imperative that you inform our Club via the President, Vice President or Secretary