What are SCJBC doing to meet the Government Restrictions, BV Guidelines and Requirements of our facilities?
- Each team must have a designated Bio Safety Officer (BSO) to train, and they must be in attendance for the duration of training. If there is no BSO in attendance, the team cannot train!
- The BSO will ensure guidelines are followed, record attendance and report to the Club.
- Providing each BSO with a COVID backpack including hand sanitiser, ball wipes and cleaning wipes.
- Ensuring all coaches, team managers and BSO’s have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control training course and assessment recommended by Basketball Victoria.
- Restrict attendance at training to only coaches, registered players and BSO’s and only if volunteer compliance has been met.
- Updated Community Sport and Recreation COVID Safe Plan
Rules for Attending Training
- Do not attend training if you are unwell or if you have a fever, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath or sore throat. Stay home if unwell.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your training session is scheduled to commence.
- Exit the venue when your training session ends.
- If you arrive early, wait in your car until you can enter. Do not wait at the entrance of the facility.
- All personal items are to be labelled e.g., basketball ball, drink bottle and sweat towel.
- All players must bring their own basketball to training.
- If the BSO or coach thinks a player is unwell, they will be isolated, and parent called to pick them up immediately.
- Only players who are registered with the club on PlayHQ may attend training.
- All attending training should carry a face mask when leaving home unless they have a lawful reason. We strongly recommend members wear a mask whenever they cannot keep 1.5 meters distance from others, including when inside our training venues.
On Arrival at training
- Report to the BSO so they can record your arrival.
- Do not bounce the ball until you have sanitised it.
- The BSO will have sanitiser for your hands and your ball. All attendees must sanitise their hands upon arrival and departure.
What is permitted or to be avoided at training?
- Structured non-contact drills are permitted.
- Scrimmage is permitted.
- Shaking of hands and high fives are to be avoided.
- We encourage coaches to take team meetings / discussions outside.
What if you or your family member test positive for COVID-19?
- Once you have followed the advice of the governments COVID-19 hotline 1800 020 080 and your GP, it is imperative that you inform our Club via the President, Vice President or Secretary.