SUMMARY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON’T LIKE READING
The purpose of this post is to let you know that basketball is returning and what is coming along with important dates!
In the next few days, you will receive an email with a link to register on PlayHQ (PHQ) for the shortened 2020/2021 Summer season. As the timeframes are tight, registrations will be required by 5 pm on Wednesday 16 December 2020.
We ask you to register ASAP after receiving the email as there is a lot of work to be done behind the scenes!
You will be required to make a payment to the Club of $100 per player comprising:
- KBA Game Day Fees ($85) per player
- St Christopher’s Membership Fee ($15) – subsidised by the Club for this season.
You may also need to pay the annual Basketball Victoria (BV) affiliation / licence fee ($25 per player under 18 years; $39 per player 18 years and older).
If you are unable to meet this deadline for any reason, you must contact the club immediately. Do not wait until after the deadline. If you miss the due date, you will be required to pay late fees.
FOR THOSE WHO WANT MORE INFORMATION & DETAIL…..
2020/2021 SUMMER SEASON
The focus of the shortened Summer season is getting the kids back on the court. The season will consist of:
- 8 rounds, no grading games.
- Round 1 starts on Saturday the 30th of January 2021 (U20 – 31st of January 2021).
- Abbreviated finals season, round 8 will be a play off.
- There will be no games on the long weekend.
- Games will be on an hour schedule consisting of 2 x 18–minute halves with 20 minutes between games to allow for cleaning.
It is every member’s responsibility to ensure that they are aware of what COVID restrictions are in place. These restrictions are nonnegotiable. Further information will be provided before training and games commence.
2020/2021 SUMMER SEASON AGE GROUPS
|Age Group||Birth Years|
|Under 10||2012, 2013|
|Under 12||2010, 2011|
|Under 14||2008, 2009|
|Under 16||2006, 2007|
|Under 19 (girls)||2002*, 2003, 2004, 2005|
|Under 18 (boys)||2004, 2005|
|Under 20 (boys)||2002, 2003|
- For the duration of this shortened season, girls who have already turned 19 will be permitted to compete
2020/2021 SUMMER SEASON FEES
The Keilor Basketball Association (KBA) have increased both the team registration fee and game fees (scoresheet/entry fees).
Despite this increase, our Club Committee wants to encourage players to return to basketball and have elected to subsidise the club membership fee for this season. The subsidised fee will be payable by all players and as a result, the club will not offer the family discount this season.
PHQ does not enable the fees collected by the club to be shown separately, members will be charged a single fee per player of $100 made up as follows:
- Club membership fee is $15 per player
- KBA game fees (scoresheet / entry fee) is $85 per player
These fees are in addition to any Basketball Victoria affiliation / licence fee to be paid.
- The club will waive the membership fee and KBA games fees for all coaches/assistant coaches who are also playing for the club.
- Players who are playing in more than 1 team will be required to pay another scoresheet fee for each additional team they play in, this fee will be advised separately.
- A late fee of $30 will be charged for members who are not financial by 5pm on Wednesday 16 December 2020.
BV AFFILIATION / LICENCE FEE
The Basketball Victoria participation licence is not season or association specific and
allows individuals to play as many times as they want across the state in a 365-day period. BV extended all active licences for individuals for the duration of the period that basketball was/is unable to be played in Victoria due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At registration, PlayHQ will automatically determine when payment of the licence is due. The fee is based on the age at the date of registration:
- $25 for players 17 years of age and under
- $34 for players 18 years of age and over
For more information: Process Changes and Fees – Basketball Victoria
INCENTIVE FOR ON-TIME PAYMENTS – LATE FEES
Late player withdrawals can force teams to be restructured at the last-minute. We want to avoid these changes as they cause angst and upset for coaches, players and families and a lot of work for our volunteer Committee members who have already spent considerable time setting the teams.
The club charge a:
- LATE REGISTRATION FEE of $30, for any player registered after 5pm on Wednesday 16 December 2020 (unless prior arrangements have been made); an individual playing member will pay $130 (Membership $15, Scoresheet/Entry Fee $85, and Late fee $30); OR
- LATE CLEARANCE FEE of $50 for any player seeking a clearance to another KBA Club after 5pm on Wednesday 16 December 2020 (the club membership will also need to be paid to be considered financial after this date)
Club membership fee is not refundable after 5pm on We6nesday 16 December 2020.
VOUCHERS – LOWERING REGISTRATION FEE PAYABLE
Voucher codes are used to lower the registration fee payable; the club will provide voucher codes for our coaches who are also playing with the club. The voucher code will be used by the playing coaches when registering as a player. This will reduce their fee to $0.
REGISTRATION EMAIL – CHECK YOUR INBOX AND SPAM FOLDERS
An individual email will be sent to families with details of how to register in the next few days. It is imperative that members register as soon as possible as we cannot set up teams on the system until the coaches, team manager and players have registered on PHQ.
FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY – COMMUNICATE WITH US NOW
Any members experiencing financial difficulty, should contact us now. Do not wait until the deadline for on-time payments is near or has passed. If you cannot meet your financial obligations, please contact us early.
m: 0403 164 634
We look forward to seeing our teams training and playing in the KBA Junior Domestic Competition in 2021!