SUMMARY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON’T LIKE READING
We will be opening the 2021 Winter registrations shortly. There will be a short time frame for registration with registrations to be finalised by 5pm on Saturday 27 March 2021.
An individual email will be sent to families with details of how to register. It is imperative that members register as soon as possible as we cannot finalise team set up and complete start of season tasks until coaches, team managers and players have registered.
- All registrations will be made using PlayHQ.
- You will need to register using the account you have previously created.
- You may be required to make two payments when you register:
- An annual fee to BV for player registration / insurance ($25 p.p U18 years).
- A payment to the Club of $250 per player per season comprising:
- KBA Game Day Fees ($165 per player per season)
- St Christopher’s Membership Fees ($85 per player per season)
- The same discounts apply as in previous seasons for large families (3 or more players) or playing coaches. Voucher codes will be provided to lower the registration fee payable.
- If you miss the due date, you will be required to pay late fees and your child’s position in their allocated team will not be guaranteed. Please contact the club immediately if you cannot meet the deadline and arrangements can be made for payment.
2021 WINTER SEASON DATES
I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!
Read the details below!
CHANGES TO CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND KBA SCORESHEET/ENTRY FEE
The KBA have advised of increased fees that the club must pay to register teams and for each game played for the 2021 Winter Season. Based on these fees and other club expenses, the committee have determined the 2021 Winter Season fees payable.
- The club will waive the membership fee and KBA Game Fees (scoresheet/entry fee) for all playing coaches/assistant coaches (only those who are current players at our club).
- Players who are playing in more than 1 team will be required to pay an additional fee for each additional team they play in, this will be invoiced separately.
- A late fee of $30 will be charged for members who are not financial by 5pm on Saturday 27 March 2021.
PlayHQ is simpler to use from both a member and administrator perspective, however this has resulted in the loss of some functionality and we are unable to show the fees as separate items in PlayHQ. The fees will be charged as one single fee (e.g., for a single player the fee will be $250 – club membership fee of $85 and scoresheet/entry fee of $165).
BASKETBALL VICTORIA AFFILIATION/LICENCE FEE
PlayHQ automatically handles the checking/charging of the 365-day affiliation/licence fee at the point of registration to a club/association for the season.
If you believe that you should not be due to pay a licence fee that is presented to you during your registration, do not proceed to pay. Instead, first ensure that you are using the same PHQ account that was previously used to register the player, if you are, please contact us!
INCENTIVE FOR ON-TIME PAYMENTS
On-time payments of fees secures your child’s position in their allocated team.
Last-minute player withdrawals can force teams to be restructured at the last-minute. We want to avoid these changes as they cause angst and upset for coaches, players and families and a lot of work for our volunteer Committee members.
Therefore, we charge a:
- LATE REGISTRATION FEE of $30, for any player registered after 5pm on 27 March 2021 (unless prior arrangements have been made), so an individual playing member will pay $280 (Membership $85, Scoresheet/Entry Fee $165 and Late fee $30) OR
- LATE CLEARANCE FEE of $50 for any player seeking a clearance to another KBA Club after 5pm on 27 March 2021 (the club membership will need to be paid to be considered financial after this date).
- Club membership fee is not refundable after 5pm on the 27 March 2021.
- If your fees are not paid by the due date and you have not contacted the club, your child’s position in the team will no longer be secured and their place may be offered to others wanting to play or the team restructured.
Voucher codes are used to lower the registration fee payable. Our club will provide voucher codes in the following situations:
- Playing coaches will be given a voucher code to use when registering as a player. This will reduce their fee to $0
- Families with 3 or more children, will be given a code to use for their 3rd child only, to reduce the membership portion of their payment to $30.
- Families with 4 or more children, will also be given a code to use for their 4th and subsequent children to reduce the membership portion of their payment to $0.
Any members experiencing financial difficulty, should contact us now. Do not wait until the deadline for on-time payments is near or has passed. If you cannot meet your financial obligations, please contact us early so arrangements can be made in advance.
CLEARANCES (TRANSFERS) – CHANGED PROCESS EFFECTIVE 2021 WINTER SEASON
m: 0403 164 634