RETURN TO JUNIOR DOMESTIC COMPETITION
Our Junior Domestic Competition resumes next weekend (17/18 July 2021). The KBA have advised the following as a result of the most recent State Government announcement and Basketball Victoria’s Return to Sport guidelines.
- 1 spectator per player allowed at all KBA venues.
- Spectators over the age of 12 must wear a mask indoors.
- Players over the age of 12 must wear a mask to and from the court.
- All attendees at KBA venues must check in on arrival.
- Spectators to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- A limit of two balls per team permitted.
- Games will return to 2 x 20-minute halves.
- The KBA will continue to provide sanitary wipes on the bench and require scorers and team managers to assist in wiping down their respective areas. This assistance will help to keep games on schedule.
- Venue capacity remains at 300 per space with 50 people per group.
- Spectators are limited to 1 per player. If a parent/guardian has other dependants (under 15 years old) the preference is that they do not attend. If this is not possible, dependents (under 15 years old) will be allowed in addition to the parent/guardian.
SOCIALLY DISTANCED AND MASKS
- Must maintain social distancing where possible (1.5M).
- Masks will be compulsory for all spectators over the age of 12 whilst indoors at all KBA venues unless a medical exemption is provided and shown.
- Players over the age of 12 will be required to wear masks when not on the court.
- QR Codes remain compulsory and the use of the QR Kiosk is still in place at Keilor Stadium.
BASKETBALL LIMITS PER TEAM
- There is a limit of two basketball per team. Basketballs are to be sanitised upon entry with wipes supplied by the KBA.