Update on Summer Season and Registrations 

We thank all our members for your patience with the delay in opening our registration for summer season. 

Victorian Government Roadmap 

Last week the government released the COVID-19 Roadmap which gives indicative dates for the easing of restrictions.  The great news coming from the roadmap is that summer season should be able to begin sometime in term 4.  Victoria’s Roadmap: Delivering The National Plan | Premier of Victoria 

Basketball Victoria 

Last week basketball associations and clubs from across Victoria attended a webinar with Basketball Victoria and representatives from Sport and Recreation Victoria who are the lead Victorian Government agency representing community sport. 

It was made clear that the dates in the Victorian Government roadmap are indicative, that our return will have capacity limits in place, and there may be limitations on patrons based on being fully vaccinated.  We will update our members as soon as we know more, at this stage the details are unknown. 

KBA Change Summer Season Dates 

The KBA have now advised that they have altered the summer season dates.  The KBA have advised: 

  1. Delayed start:  The Summer season start will be delayed until the weekend of 6-7 November 2021.  
  2. Additional game: There will be an additional game fixtured on the weekend that school holidays start (9 April 2021). 
  3. Delayed ending: The Summer Season will be extended by 2 weeks into term 2, 2022, with teams who qualify for finals playing them when we return for term 2 (30 April/1 May and 7/8 May weekends). 
  4. Delayed start for Winter season:  Winter season which traditionally starts when we return in Term 2, but will have a delayed start, commencing the weekend of 14-15 May 2021. 

The KBA felt it was important to give teams the opportunity to play as long a season as possible allowing for grading and finals.  The KBA understand that this will then impact the length of Winter season, however, they hope to return to normal season dates following this. 

Club Registration Fees

Prior to the KBA announcement, the committee was finalising a reduction to our fees for summer season to $85.  As you will understand the KBA’s decision to change the season dates impacted our assumptions and allowances.  With the changed season dates, the club will now commence opening registrations with the fees as previously advised, i.e., $110 for the season.   

Players will now need to register and commit to playing the season based on the changed season dates.  Registration will confirm your availability to commit to playing with the club through and into term 2, 2022. 

We will progressively send out registrations to each team.  Please note that the registrations will register your child to a specific team.  If you have multiple children, please do not use the same link for each child, you must use the link specific to that child’s team to register them.  Registrations will close at 5pm on Friday, 8 October 2021. 

More information will be provided when available

As stated, return dates are indicative and there may be some significant complexities that will need to be worked through to enable us to compliantly return.   As the requirements become clearer, be assured that we will work towards a safe return. 

We look forward to our players and teams being able to step onto an indoor court and play the game we all love with their friends, teammates, and coaches!  We thank you for your patience and understanding.   


The committee has recently lost several long-standing members. If you would like your children to continue to be able to play basketball, then we will need your help.  Please contact secretary@stchristophersjbc.com.au or boys@stchristophersjbc.com.au to enquire about ways that you can contribute.  There are short term and long-term options available. 

 St Christopher’s Junior Basketball Club Committee